Eyeball Skeleton consists of brothers Charlie Brown (guitar) and J.J. Brown (bass), with their dad Bill Brown as producer and minder of the drum machine. The Brown boys are in elementary school, as evinced by song titles like "Spooky Mummy Case," "Flat Top Vampire," and "I Don't Eat Cereal on the Weekends." As instrumentalists, they're in that weird position where they're not untrained or inexperienced enough to be outsider-interesting along the lines of early Half Japanese, but they're not anywhere near good, either. Similarly, the songs are appealingly goofy -- it's hard to go wrong with topics including bouncing apes and Cyclops girls -- and the brothers sing in unison with untrained bratty abandon, but the songs also tend to run their limited musical and lyrical ideas into the ground long before they're actually over. Eyeball Skeleton are too endearing to actively dislike, but make no mistake: this is a gimmick record, and not really a particularly interesting one at that. ~ Stewart Mason, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: My Pal God/Southern Records
- UPC: 637051006127