16 Biggest Hits
If you're looking for the basics from singer/songwriter Kris Kristofferson's early-'70s Monument catalog, 16 Biggest Hits fits the bill. Kristofferson's coarse vocals considerably change the dynamic of songs like "Me and Bobby McGee," "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down," "Once More with Feeling," "For the Good Times" and "Help Me Make It Through the Night," from those of the artists' who actually took the songs to the top of the rock and country charts. Also of note is Kristofferson's "Why Me," his first chart entry as vocalist in 1972, and the 1984 hit "Highwayman," recorded by the short-lived supergroup of the same name featuring Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash. While this compilation is highly recommended, for those listeners who want to go deeper into his catalog, pick up The Essential Kris Kristofferson on Columbia/Legacy, as it includes choice album cuts and duets with Willie Nelson and Rita Coolidge. ~ Al Campbell, Rovi
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Label: Legacy
- UPC: 886970596527