365 New Words A Year 2006 Calendar
The bestselling word calendar, now in its 26th year. Vocabulary. Pronunciation. Etymology. For word lovers, writers, crossword-puzzle fans, obsessive readers, 365 New Words-A-Year is the essential calendar. Packed with newly minted words (Frankenfood: genetically engineered food), romantic words (billet-doux: a love letter), comical words (bumbershoot: umbrella), and words that mean exactly what they sound like they mean (smashmouth: characterized by brute force without finesse), no wonder this is the best and bestselling word calendar on the market. Each entry includes a definition, pronunciation guide, sample sentence, and notes on word origin and history.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Workman Pub Co
- ISBN-13: 9780761137368
- ISBN: 076113736X
- Publication Year: 2005
- Edition: BOX PAG