365 New Words A Year 2009 Calendar
This is the gold standard of word calendars. For students, writers, readers, crossword buffs, and all lovers of language, it's the pleasure of learning a new word every day from the editors at Merriam-Webster, the world's most respected dictionary. Discover literary words (Aesopian: conveying an innocent meaning to an outsider but a hidden meaning to a member of a conspiracy or underground movement), words that are too much fun not to use (slugabed: a person who stays in bed after the usual or proper time to get up), and more. Each entry includes a definition, pronunciation, sample sentence, and detailed word history.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Workman Pub Co
- ISBN-13: 9780761149330
- ISBN: 0761149333
- Publication Year: 2008
- Edition: PAG