A Complete Guide To Learning The Irish Fiddle
(Waltons Irish Music Books). Everything you need to know about the Irish fiddle, from playing your first notes and tunes to advanced solos and ornamentation. This book includes special chapters for beginners, "key points" highlighting essential aspects of fiddle technique, a comprehensive guide to traditional ornamentation and over 80 carefully chosen tunes. One of Ireland's most exciting fiddle players, Paul McNevin has had an equally influential career as a teacher. During his long association with Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann, he won the All Ireland Slogadh and Plearacha competitions and received his Comhaltas teaching diplomas in 1991. Paul has toured throughout Europe with the Donal Lunny Band, Damien Quinn and Speranza, among others and has been a regular guest with Stockton's Wing and the Riverdance dancers.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Waltons Manufacturing Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780786653553
- ISBN: 0786653558
- Publication Year: 1999
- Edition: PAP/COM