A Critical Introduction To The Epistemology Of Memory
A Critical Introduction to the Epistemology of Memory covers a fundamental, but often neglected topic in epistemology: what does it take for a memory belief to be justified?In this clear and up-to-date introduction, Thomas D. Senor lays the philosophical foundation needed to understand the justification of memory belief. He surveys and defines key epistemological concepts and explores recent work in the psychology of memory, explaining why our na ve picture of memory as a storehouse is not realistic. Having introduced the groundwork for epistemological discussions, Senor canvases the history of the epistemology of memory, discussing the work of Plato, Hume, Reid, and Russell before looking at what contemporary philosophers have to say. Informed by cognitive science and engaging various standard positions in contemporary epistemology, A Critical Introduction to the Epistemology of Memory is a valuable resource for students approaching epistemology for the first time or those looking to advance their understanding of a core area of philosophy.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Academic
- ISBN-13: 9781472525598
- ISBN: 1472525590
- Publication Year: 2019