A Place In The Sun: The Evolution Of The Real Goods Solar Living Center
The Real Goods Solar Living Center, in Hopland, California (two hours north of San Francisco), has hosted hundreds of thousands of visitors since opening in June, 1996. They come to see: -- Windmills and solar modules that produce enough electricity to allow Real Goods to sell excess power to the local utility-- Abundant solar-pumped water flowing through a lush oasis that was formerly a toxic patch of abused ground-- The world's largest straw bale structure, beautifully illuminated by daylight, and heated and cooled without using fossil fuels-- A central courtyard that is really a giant solar calendarThis story, told through the eyes of the participants, is not a worshipful tale, but rather a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to bring a vision to reality.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Dublin
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Chelsea Green Pub Co
- ISBN-13: 9781890132019
- ISBN: 1890132012
- Publication Year: 1997