A River Runs Through It And Other Stories
First published in 1976, A River Runs through It and Other Stories has become an American classic, touching readers with its recollections of family, flyfishing, and the author's youth in the Montana woods. By turns raunchy, caustic, and elegiac, these are superb tales that express, in Maclean's own words, "a little of the love I have for the earth as it goes by." A first offering from a 70-year-old writer, the basis of a top-grossing movie directed by Robert Redford, and the first original fiction published by the University of Chicago Press, A River Runs through It and Other Stories has sold more than a million copies. For this new edition, Robert Redford provides a foreword that recalls how he persuaded the reluctant Maclean to allow him to make a film of River.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Sugar Land
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Chicago Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780226472065
- ISBN: 022647206X
- Publication Year: 2017