A Sampler Of Uncommon Sense And Good Times/ Emotional Trips, Whimsy And More In Rhymes: Poems That Say What They Mean In Rhyme
This book follows the popular, "Huckleberry Days," The author's poetic presentation of the good old ways. Common sense is not so common you'll find. Lack of sense is a great resource to be mined. This poet points out where we go astray. Sometimes we get disaster when we get our way. The first chapter contains advice for the old. Some hate this word, but the alternative will leave you cold. Next are war stories about the greatest genertion. The author will always hold them in total veneration. There's some philosophy and complaints about modern life. Thoughts on religion, nature, and political strife. The male-female conflict is also treated. With some whimsy and humor the book is completed. The author is 76, a pretty old man. He's always had the drive of, "I think I can." Surprisingly, he has spent his whole life's career Doing what's incomprehensible. He was an engineer. To prove that old dogs can learn new tricks, He writes poetry which gives him kicks. He lives in Eastern Mass. with his bride of 54 years. For this he deserves some kudos and four cheers.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Author Solutions
- ISBN-13: 9781450287838
- ISBN: 1450287832
- Publication Year: 2011