A Simpler Football Simulation: A New Paradigm That Re Frames The G.O.A.T. Debate
The book takes the concept of computer-based simulations for predicting American football games--like the Madden video games for example--and attempts to devise a simpler method. With just a word processor, some spreadsheets, a fundamental understanding of percentages and probabilities, and a few hours of work, anyone can achieve results that are remarkably similar to those of the more sophisticated computer models. Chapters 1 to 5 outline the method and its rationale. Chapters 6 to 9 detail an actual simulated contest play-by-play. Chapters 10 to 11 and the appendices utilize the method described to determine which professional football team of the past fifty years was truly the best.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB West Lane Avenue
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Xlibris Corp
- ISBN-13: 9781543459227
- ISBN: 1543459226
- Publication Year: 2017