A Sky For Us Alone
"A stirring, powerful, and heart-wrenching story of coming of age, falling in love, and trying to lead a life of dignity." -Jeff Zentner, award-winning author of The Serpent King In Strickland County-a forgotten stretch of land in Southern Appalachia-there isn't a lot of anything to go around. But when eighteen-year-old Harlowe Compton's brother is killed by the Praters-the family who controls everything, from the mines to the law to the opioid trade-he wonders if the future will ever hold more than loss. Until he meets Tennessee Moore. Even as she struggles with the worst of the cards she's been dealt, Tennessee makes Harlowe believe that they can dare to forge their own path. But as Harlowe searches for the answers behind his brother's death, his town's decay, and his family's dysfunction, he discovers truths about the people he loves-and himself-that are darker than he ever expected. Now, Harlowe realizes, there's no turning back.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB South Lamar
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
- ISBN-13: 9780062697028
- ISBN: 0062697021
- Publication Year: 2019