Above The Mountain?S Shadow: A Journey Of Hope And Adventure Inspired By The Forgotten
A story of determination, survival, and the indomitable human spirit, Above the Mountain's Shadow A Journey of Hope and Adventure Inspired by the Forgotten is an incredible story of one woman's quest to empower the women of the world, one peak at a time. Growing up in Iran after the Islamic Revolution, Sara Safari enjoyed very few personal freedoms and little rights under the law, living an existence marked by oppression and limitations. In response to her childhood experiences, Sara was motivated to empower marginalized women everywhere--and what better way to show young girls that they can do anything than to stand on top of the world? This book recounts the exhilarating tale of Sara's climb to the top of Mount Everest, a journey fraught with obstacles and life-threatening peril. From having never climbed a mountain in her life to ascending Everest during a magnitude 7.8 earthquake, Sara's journey is as thrilling as it is inspirational.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cognella Academic Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781516533213
- ISBN: 1516533216
- Publication Year: 2018