Academy Award Winning Songs, Vol. 2 (1946 1957)
The Envelope Please...Academy Award Winning Songs, Vol. 2 (1946-1957) isn't quite as entertaining as its predecessor, but it contains nearly as many classics, including Johnny Mercer's "On the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe," "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah," and his Margaret Whiting duet "Baby, It's Cold Outside," Betty Garrett's "Buttons and Bows," Art Lund's "Mona Lisa," Tex Ritter's "High Noon (Do Not Forsake Me)," Julius La Rosa's "Three Coins in the Fountain," the Four Aces' "Love is a Many-Splendored Thing" and Doris Day's "Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera)." Hollywood was still in its golden era during these years, and these songs are among the best pop songs of their time; it's not a bad way to acquire all of them at once. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Rhino (Label)
- UPC: 081227227722