Accidents In North American Climbing 2017
Descriptions and in-depth analysis of rock climbing and mountaineering accidents. Learn from the mistakes of others, so you'll be a safer climber. - Beginners and expert climbers alike rely on the stories and analysis in Accidents to learn to climb more safely - Written by professional guides and thoroughly illustrated, this year's in-depth "Know the Ropes" section covers the fundamentals of safe belay anchors. - Accidents has more color photos and diagrams than ever before. Every year, novice climbers and experts are injured or killed by inadequate preparation and errors in judgment. Since 1948, the American Alpine Club has documented the year's most teachable climbing accidents, providing invaluable lessons to climbers. In Accidents in North American Climbing, each significant incident is carefully analyzed so climbers can avoid similar situations in the future. In the "Know the Ropes" section, professional mountain guides detail the best practices for constructing and using safe belay anchors, offering in-depth instruction and copious illustration to help prevent avoidable rock climbing accidents.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB North Lamar
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Amer Alpine Club
- ISBN-13: 9781933056975
- ISBN: 1933056975
- Publication Year: 2017