Accidents In North American Climbing 2018: Number 3; Issue 71
Every year, novice climbers and experts are injured or killed by inadequate preparation and errors in judgment. Since 1948, the American Alpine Club has documented the year's most teachable climbing accidents, providing invaluable lessons to climbers. In Accidents in North American Climbing, each significant incident is carefully analyzed so climbers can avoid similar situations in the future. In the "Know the Ropes" section, professional mountain guides detail the best practices for traveling safely through low-angle, semi-technical mountain terrain (3rd and 4th class). "Know the Ropes" offers in-depth instruction and copious illustration to help prevent avoidable mountaineering accidents.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB North Oaks
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Amer Alpine Club
- ISBN-13: 9780999855614
- ISBN: 0999855611
- Publication Year: 2018