Acts Of Love
In these three acts of love, John Lonie writes of that sacred and universal command as seen through the prism of gay men.In Friend of Dorothy, a boy leaves home. It's southern Queensland in the early 70s and Adrian lives in a paradise of rainforests and empty beaches; he's young and alive with a raw instinct for sex but not for who he really is. Into this innocence comes cosmopolitan Miss Ruthven, his new English teacher, who creates a powerful, challenging version of the world outside.Leo Day, TV star, finally meets Mr Right while on holidays in Los Angeles, fulfilling his Aunt Effie's prophesy, 'You will meet a man, and he will change your life.' Que Sera Sera is a story of the path from lust to true love. 'But there is danger for you,' Aunt Effie had added - but Leo never remembered that.In The Story of Harold Friday, 'Lucky' Friday was the youngest in the platoon at war on Bougainville in 1945 and was overwhelmed and taken, not by a bullet, but by love. Now, on Anzac Day 50 years later, Harold is set to confront the consequences of that love.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Blackwattle Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781875243235
- ISBN: 1875243232
- Publication Year: 1997