Adrian Piper: A Reader
Published for MoMA's retrospective exhibition and in collaboration with the artist, this volume presents new critical essays that expand on Piper's practice in ways that have been previously under- or unaddressed. Focused texts by established and emerging scholars assess themes in Piper's work such as the Kantian framework that draws on her extensive philosophical studies; her unique contribution to first-generation conceptual art; the turning point in her work, in the early 1970s, from conceptual works to performance; the connection of her work with her yoga practice; her ongoing exposure of and challenge to xenophobia and sexism; and the relation between prevailing interpretations of her work and the viewers who engender them.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Museum of Modern Art
- ISBN-13: 9781633450332
- ISBN: 1633450333
- Publication Year: 2018