African History: From Earliest Times To Independence
Long established as a standard work, this famous survey explores the history of Africa from earliest times to the end of the colonial period. It is exceptional in its breadth (it provides systematic coverage of the entire continent, including the North), in its range (it establishes a clear political framework, but is still more concerned with social, economic and intellectual trends), and in its quality. Now in this major revision -- the first since 1979 -- its four distinguished authors have reworked, updated and expanded the text, which has also been redesigned and reset.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Appleton
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
- ISBN-13: 9780582050709
- ISBN: 0582050707
- Publication Year: 1995
- Edition: 2