African History: From Earliest Times To Independence
Designed as a textbook for courses in African History this survey, originally published in 1979, aims at a broader scope of history than is found in textbooks on the history of other continents. Less emphasis is given to purely political history and more to social economic and intellectual trends. It covers the history of the entire continent from earliest time right through to the end of the colonial period. (It doesn't deal with the history of contemporary Africa since independence). The Second Edition is entirely reset and redesigned and the 60-odd maps have been redrawn; and it sets the many different cultures and people of Africa in their widest context, both chronologically and geographically.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Longman Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780582050716
- ISBN: 0582050715
- Publication Year: 1995
- Edition: 2 SUB