Aging Out: A True Story About The Pitfalls And Promise Of Life After Foster Care
While still a little boy, Alton Carter walked away from his violent, drug- and alcohol-riddled childhood home believing the worst life had to offer was behind him. He was sorely mistaken. After surviving a troubled foster care system and becoming the first in his family to graduate from high school -- with a college scholarship in hand no less, he found himself at age eighteen, as so many young people do on the cusp of life: scared, lonely, and all on his own. This is the story of how he aged out of the foster care system only to have his college dreams shattered, and how he found the courage to face his past and dare to take the steps to the life and family he always dreamed he would one day have.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Roadrunner Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781937054298
- ISBN: 1937054292
- Publication Year: 2016