Aids Crossing Borders: The Spread Of Hiv Among Migrant Latinos
This book brings together seven research studies to provide a profile of the HIV prevention, surveillance, and treatment needs of migrant workers. Mishra, Conner, and Magana combine their own extensive work with that of nationally and internationally recognized experts to provide a comprehensive analysis of the HIV epidemic among migrants workers, looking at perceptions of risk, sexual beliefs and practices, effects of migration on changing risk profiles, prevention efforts, and policies and programs that may stem the spread of HIV among this population.The book is notable for including, in addition to researchers' views, the perspectives of migrant workers and policymakers on HIV prevention policies and programs. It will be a valuable text for introductory and advanced courses on public health, Latino studies, and research methods, as well as a useful reference for migrant health services providers, researchers, and policymakers.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Westview Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780813389882
- ISBN: 0813389887
- Publication Year: 1996