Bell Telephone Hour Telecasts, 1959 1962: Alfred Drake
Though he was a classically-trained, Shakespearean actor, Alfred Drake (1914-92) actually made his mark as the male lead in a series of Broadway musical comedies. Among other accomplishments, he originated the role of Curly in Oklahoma! circa 1943, and toplined such productions as Kismet and Kiss Me Kate. Meanwhile, Drake also landed occasional television appearances; he was a frequent guest on the musical performance series The Bell Telephone Hour. This compilation brings into a single package numerous Bell spots that Drake did between 1959 and '62. The package is divided into several "themed" chapters: one features selections from musicals based on Twain, Shaw and Shakespeare; the second features songs from various American wars; the third features songs from operettas, and the fourth features songs from the musicals Kiss Me Kate and The Boys from Syracuse. Nathan Southern, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: VIDEO ARTISTS INTERNATIONAL
- UPC: 089948453895
- Region: Region 0