Almost Islands: Phyllis Webb & The Pursuit Of The Unwritten
Almost Islands is a memoir of Collis's friendship with and regular visits to legendary poet Phyllis Webb--now in her nineties and long enveloped in the silence which followed her last published book in 1990--as well as an extended meditation on literary ambition and failure, poetry and politics--the struggle that is writing, and the end of writing. This is a book of poetic, political, and philosophical digressions--a book that weaves numerous themes together in a non-linear fashion.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Talonbooks Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781772012071
- ISBN: 1772012076
- Publication Year: 2018