Americanos: Latino Life In The United States / La Vida Latina En Los Estados Unidos
The portraits included in Americanos represent an unprecedented effort to illuminate and celebrate the lives of Latinos.Under the direction of actor and activist Edward James Olmos, more than thirty award-winning photographers fanned out across the country to capture life on the neighborhood playgrounds, on the streets of New York, on the banks of the Rio Grande, at the flamenco bars, at work, and in the churches. Thousands of miles and thousands of photographs later, the result is an exciting panoramic vision of the United States today - a place where Latinos live a broad range of lifestyles and contribute to American society in exciting ways.With the addition of bilingual essays, poetry, and commentary from such notable figures as Carlos Fuentes and Maya Angelou, Americanos succeeds in capturing the astounding diversity and energy of today's Latin-American communities. Readers will glimpse the lives of celebrities such as Gloria Estefan, Andy Garcia, and Tito Puente, as well as meaningful moments in the lives of everyday heroes.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Mesa
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Little Brown & Co
- ISBN-13: 9780316649148
- ISBN: 0316649147
- Publication Year: 1999
- Edition: 1