An Absolute Mind
Sonya Ogino, a bright but uncertain college student, is struggling to declare a major before the end of her sophomore year, when she suddenly finds her life changed forever when she learns she is a carrier of a genetically evolved, cognitive ability called Absolute Memory. After she is almost killed, her beloved godmother arranges for her to be transported to the mysterious "safe island" of Palekaiko; where many other Absolute Memory carriers from all over the country reside. However, once she uncovers the real forces in charge of Palekaiko, together with a team of fellow carriers - including a ukulele-playing, self-proclaimed uber fan of Phil Collins - Sonya must summon the inner endurance to rise and fight inaction with action. Set in an optimistic future, this is a story about trust and legacy, about what makes sense and nonsense, repetitive history and the meaning of freedom, and the value and power of mind and memory.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781539111870
- ISBN: 1539111873
- Publication Year: 2016