An Introduction To Radiation Protection
This highly-readable account of the nature of the hazards presented by ionizing radiation and the methods of protection is an ideal introductory text for those new to the field, and for the non-specialist. The seventh edition continues to cover the technical principles underlying the control of radiation hazards, radiation detection and measurement and the biological effects of radiation, followed by a consideration of industry-specific radiation protection issues. Further specialised topics include risk assessment, waste management and decommissioning, radiological emergencies, relevant legislation and organizational issues and, new to this edition, environmental radiation protection.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: CRC Pr I Llc
- ISBN-13: 9781138333079
- ISBN: 1138333077
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: 7