Analyzing Event Statistics In Corporate Finance: Methodologies, Evidences, And Critiques
"Analyzing Event Statistics in Corporate Finance provides new alternative methodologies to increase accuracy when performing statistical tests for event studies within corporate finance. In contrast to conventional surveys or literature reviews, Jeng focuses on various methodological defects or deficiencies that lead to inaccurate empirical results, which ultimately produce bad corporate policies. This work discusses the issues of data collection and structure, the recursive smoothing for systematic components in excess returns, the choices of event windows, different time horizons for the events, and the consequences of applications of different methodologies. In providing improvement for event studies in corporate finance, and based on the fact that changes in parameters for financial time series are common knowledge, a new alternative methodology is developed to extend the conventionalanalysis to more robust arguments. "--
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- ISBN-13: 9781137397171
- ISBN: 1137397179
- Publication Year: 2015