Duke Ellington And His Orchestra, Vol. 5: 1943 1945
The midway point in this collector's series is reached in Volume Five which splits the program between performances by Duke Ellington's orchestras of 1943 and 1945. Although there were some personnel changes, there is a strong consistency to this series. Eight fine numbers (along with some alternate takes and false starts) makes this a worthy release. ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Rice Village
- Seller rating:
- Label: Circle
- UPC: 762247410522