Ministry Of Sound Anthems: Disco [Box]
This unmixed three-disc set from Ministry of Sound makes a fine introduction to disco. Instead of sticking to extended 12" mixes -- as the best disco compilations do -- the label goes for quantity and tends to go with the shortest edits possible. Even so, it's hard to gripe with the bounty of smart selections, which incorporates popular and cult classics while tracing from proto-disco through the first few years of post-disco (from the mid-'70s through the mid-'80s). Among the more enduring picks: Chic's "Good Times," Labelle's "Lady Marmalade," Heatwave's "Boogie Nights," First Choice's "Let No Man Put Asunder," Jocelyn Brown's "Somebody Else's Guy," and Change's "Change of Heart." ~ Andy Kellman, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Ministry of Sound
- UPC: 5051275038125