Applications Driven Quantum And Statistical Physics: A Short Course For Future Scientists And Engineers: Foundations
Bridging the gap between traditional books on quantum and statistical physics, this series is an ideal introductory course for students who are looking for an alternative approach to the traditional academic treatment.This pedagogical approach relies heavily on scientific or technological applications from a wide range of fields. For every new concept introduced, an application is given to connect the theoretical results to a real-life situation. Each volume features in-text exercises and detailed solutions, with easy-to-understand applications.This first volume sets the scene of a new physics. It explains where quantum mechanics come from, its connection to classical physics and why it was needed at the beginning of the twentieth century. It examines how very simple models can explain a variety of applications such as quantum wells, thermoluminescence dating, scanning tunnel microscopes, quantum cryptography, masers, and how fluorescence can unveil the past of art pieces.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: World Scientific Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781786345547
- ISBN: 1786345544
- Publication Year: 2018