Approximation Theory Using Positive Linear Operators
This work treats quantitative aspects of the approximation of functions using positive linear operators. The theory of these operators has been an important area of research in the last few decades, particularly as it affects computer-aided geometric design. New and efficient methods, applicable to Bernstein operators and to diverse concrete moduli, are presented in this book, yielding improved and even optimal estimates. This monograph will be of interest to those working in the field of approximation or functional analysis. Requiring only familiarity with the basics of approximation theory, the book may serve as a good supplementary text for courses in approximation theory, or as a reference text on the subject.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Birkhauser
- ISBN-13: 9780817643508
- ISBN: 0817643508
- Publication Year: 2004