Art Of China: Highlights From The Philadelphia Museum Of Art
"The first publication to explore Philadelphia Museum of Art's wide-ranging collection of Chinese art, offering an introduction to general readers and serving as a valuable resource for future research and scholarship. This catalogue of one hundred highlights, drawn from a collection of more than seven thousand objects spanning more than four thousand years, will be both a sumptuous visual record of the Philadelphia Museum of Art's most notable Chinese works and an informative and valuable reference for those interested in Chinese art. The objects have been selected to show not only the strengths of the collection, but also important and distinctive examples of Chinese art in different mediums. They are also intended to bring together the museum's Chinese collection, which is presently housed in such disparate departments as Chinese export art, costume and textiles, Sino-Tibetan art, and contemporary art--representing sculpture, ceramics, furniture, architectural interiors, textiles, and paintings"--
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Yale Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780300237108
- ISBN: 0300237103
- Publication Year: 2018