This important book focuses on the role of human factors in the design and use of automobiles. It should review current knowledge of human characteristics as related to passenger car design and thus serve as a basis for new car design and design evaluation. Comprehensive and accessible, the book is organized around the following themes: human capabilities and limitations in car design - anthropometry, biomechanics, human vision, motorskills, and cognition; the physical aspects of car design - occupant packaging', entry and egress, seating, luggage loading, occupant protection, thermal environment; informational aspects of design - displays and controls, HUDS, icons, warnings, vehicle lighting and sounds; and special topics such as driving performance models, driver workload, older drivers, and computer-aided ergonomic design.; It is Aimed At Automotive Designers, Government Agencies Concerned With Car passenger transport issues and the ergonomics research community.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis
- ISBN-13: 9780748400058
- ISBN: 0748400052
- Publication Year: 1993