Bali: Portraits Of Life, Culture And Ritual
The Island of Bali, one of only a handful of places in the world where a rich and ancient culture survives intact into the 21st century, is now caught between two realities its role as a booming international tourism destination and the struggle of the Balinese to maintain their ancient religious. Steeped in mysticism, ritual and ancient pageantry, the island remains largely uncorrupted by influences from abroad. Photographer Tony Novak-Clifford invites you to enter the remarkable culture of the Balinese who practice their sacred duty to maintain spiritual balance and order on a daily basis. Through this collection of photographs, you will meet the people, visit their homes and temples, and join in their complex rituals of death, exorcism, and worship. Experience all this through the eyes of a man besotted by Bali's people as they quietly go about their daily lives of devotion.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Tuttle Pub
- ISBN-13: 9780692175033
- ISBN: 0692175032
- Publication Year: 2019