Webster was reckless, unorthodox, a daredevil with no respect for authority and a tireless womaniser. But he got results, and as a Special Services major, that was all that mattered.His latest assignment: train a team of super-tough demolition experts and land them secretly on two Nazi-occupied Danish islands in the Kattegat.The aim of the operation? Destroy impregnable 360-degree gun emplacements menacing with linked radar installations the channel between the islands and the mainland. This would in theory allow a British submarine to make a one-time run through Baltic waters and land an undercover Commando observation unit to monitor the movement of the new long range Nazi U-boats entering and leaving their base at Kiel. Without this intelligence, Webster was told, the Battle of the Atlantic - and the war for England - could well be lost.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Severn House Pub Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780727852083
- ISBN: 0727852086
- Publication Year: 1997