Basque Immigrants And Nevada's Sheep Industry: Geopolitics And The Making Of An Agricultural Workforce, 1880 1954
"This book contributes to a wider understanding of the significance of the Basque immigration in the western sheep industry with a historically refreshed perspective. It contributes to the existing new historiography of the American West by looking more critically at the Basque immigrant experience in the open-range sheep industry of Nevada. It deconstructs the essentialist view that attributed to Basques special sheepherding skills by exploring this immigrant experience within its economic, social, cultural, political, and international context. This book is targeted to an academic, student and wider audience interested in the Modern American West and Basque Studies."--Provided by publisher.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Nevada Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781948908016
- ISBN: 1948908018
- Publication Year: 2019