The Beatles In Mono [Vinyl Box Set]
Released in 2014, five years after its digital parent and two years after the big Beatles stereo vinyl box, The Beatles in Mono was cut with care. The engineers at Abbey Road took pains to master the 14 LPs -- every album from Please Please Me through the White Album had its own mono mix, as did the Yellow Submarine soundtrack, whose side of original Beatles songs is part of the additional Mono Masters compilation that rounds up all the single mono mixes -- from the analog master tapes, never using digital technology. This makes the box as close to the original '60s wax as possible and the packaging also replicates the original releases, with the exception of a 108-page hardbound book that is a terrific bonus to this handsome set. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Vinyl Record
- Sold by: --
- Label: Capitol
- UPC: 5099963379716