Becoming Marianne Moore: The Early Poems, 1907 1924
"We need this book, as a valuable edition of needed material, as a theoretically astute example of how to edit especially writers like Moore, as a critical history of poetic modernism's venues in the first quarter of the twentieth century, and as providing, in the process, new readings of Marianne Moore's work. There is nothing even remotely like Becoming Marianne Moore currently available."--Lisa M. Steinman, author of Masters of Repetition: Poetry, Culture, and Work "Robin Schulze's Becoming Marianne Moore is extraordinary, a wonderful fusion of historical/textual research and critical sensitivity. This is much more than a critical edition, though it is that; it's at once a powerful intervention into Moore studies, a profound contribution to the notions of material textuality, and the first edition of a modernist writer to incorporate the revolutionary developments in recent editorial theory."--George Bornstein, author of The Iconic Page in Manuscript, Print, and Digital Culture, and W.B. Yeats: Under the Moon, The Unpublished Early Poetry
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of California Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780520221390
- ISBN: 0520221397
- Publication Year: 2002