Before The Storm
Another prodigy discovered by Finland's wonder boy Jaakko Salovaara (also known as JS16), Darude (born Ville Virtanen) slowly started to conquer the dance world with two hit singles, "Sandstorm" and "Feel the Beat." Those songs might be very attractive and rhythmic, but unfortunately Darude's debut full-length doesn't succeed quite as well. First of all, the main problem of Before the Storm is its monotony. Its entire content can be easily described by the two hit singles. The rest of album is mostly just a variation of that theme, and it just doesn't work if you're not on a dancefloor. This may be due to Jaakko Salovaara's presence -- JS16's house is also monotonous; with no diversity whatsoever. Whether this is a good thing or not just depends on the context in which one hears the music. Darude's debut album Before the Storm may work well on the dancefloor, but it is virtually impossible to listen to the whole album at home. ~ Antti J. Ravelin, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Strictly Rhythm Records
- UPC: 732183510624