Ben Johnson: Foster In View
For more than thirty years Ben Johnson has been documenting the work of one of today's most acclaimed architects in photographs that have served as source material for his own neo-realist paintings. Included in this intimate volume are nearly all of Foster's most celebrated projects, such the Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts, the Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank, the restoration of the Reichstag, Hong Kong and Beijing Airports; and the Great Court at the British Museum. Johnson's images allow readers to explore the ineffable qualities of Foster's architecture-his use of light and shade, innovative materials and attention to natural and manmade surroundings. Fans of Foster will find much to discover in this unique amalgam of architecture and art.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Prestel Pub
- ISBN-13: 9783791341750
- ISBN: 3791341758
- Publication Year: 2009