Ben Webster's Finest Hour
Ben Webster's tone on tenor saxophone became one of the most recognizable in jazz; he possessed a tough sound on upbeat tunes while playing soft and light on ballads. As part of Verve's Finest Hour series, Ben Webster is heard on a combination of standards and originals along with some of the biggest names in jazz: Ella Fitzgerald, Coleman Hawkins, Billie Holiday, and Gerry Mulligan. These 16 tracks include "Star Dust," "While We're Dancing," "Chelsea Bridge," and "Do Nothin' Til You Hear From Me." This compilation doesn't present a complete overview of Ben Webster's career, but it is an excellent budget introduction. ~ Al Campbell, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB U City
- Seller rating:
- Label: Universal Distribution
- UPC: 731454380829