The Best Of Crystal Gayle [Rhino]
Rhino's 2002 release The Very Best of Crystal Gayle has many of her biggest hits, but it's not necessarily a representative collection. That's because the 19-track compilation concentrates on recordings that WEA, Rhino's parent company, owns -- so after the first two songs, including her defining moment "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue," it moves into her recordings for Elektra in the early '80s. Some of these were big country hits, some, like her Eddie Rabbitt duet "You and I," were even crossover hits, but they weren't as definitive as those she made for United Artists and Columbia, nor were they as good. They tend to be a little homogenized, even when they're good, which means this collection is a little too even-keeled for those that are expecting more of "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue." Which means that even if this summarizes Gayle's '80s recordings well, it's not really the very best she ever recorded. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Rhino (Label)
- UPC: 081227828226