Best Practices In Teaching Digital Literacies
The almost universal reliance upon digital tools for social, academic, and career development will only become more pronounced in the years to come. Teacher education programs remain ill-equipped to adequately prepare educators with the pedagogies needed to foster digital literacies. What is needed is a set of best practices towards teaching digital literacies so that teachers can better meet the emerging needs of their students in today's classrooms. Where should teachers begin? What are the essentials of digital literacies within K-12 contexts? And how might we reimagine teacher education programs to optimally prepare teachers for working with technologically connected youth, whose literacies are more complex, interconnected, and diverse than ever? This volume provides a practical framework for teacher education programs to develop K-12 students' digital literacies. It offers a set of best practices in teaching digital literacies that promote access to research-based pedagogies for immediate implementation in classrooms.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Emerald Group Pub Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781787544345
- ISBN: 1787544346
- Publication Year: 2018