Beyond The Law
Many Western outlaw gangs have reached mythological proportions, but the Dalton gang stands above the rest for their daring exploits and because their criminality represented, in the case of Gratton and Bob, lawmen who turned their backs on laws they found to be criminally flawed. Though there are a number of tales of their exploits, this is a rare first-hand account of a Western outlaw.First published in 1918, Beyond the Law details the time when sheriffs were paid for each man they hanged, when law enforcement rode under the banner of "Smith & Wesson" rather than "To Serve and Protect," and when outlaws ruled the rails.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pelican Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781589807631
- ISBN: 1589807634
- Publication Year: 2009