Billy Name The Silver Age: Black & White Photographs From Andy Warhol's Factory
Billy Name invented the term, 'Factory Foto.' He was the first and he was the last Factory photographer. Period." - Gerard Malanga This breathtaking tome is the definitive collection of Billy Name's black and white photographs from Warhol s Factory. Billy's photographs from this period (1964-68) are one of the most important photographic documents of any single artist in history. Billy lived in a tiny closet at the Factory. He was responsible for the legendary 'silverizing' of the space. When Andy gave Billy a Pentax Honeywell 35mm camera, he took on the role of resident photographer and archivist. This visual essay, produced in collaboration with Billy and with a foreword by John Cale, offers an extensive trip through Warhol's Factory, including visits from Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground, Nico, Edie Sedgwick and Bob Dylan; filming Screen Tests and features like Chelsea Girls and Vinyl. This volume is not-to-be-missed."
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Reel Art Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781909526174
- ISBN: 1909526177
- Publication Year: 2014