Bioethics In Perspective: Corporate Power, Public Health, And Political Economy
In Bioethics in Perspective Scott Mann demonstrates the importance of issues of corporate power, global inequality and sustainability in shaping health outcomes around the world. The text develops a comprehensive ethical and practical critique of the neoliberal economic ideas which have guided policy in the English-speaking world. It explores the consequences of such policies for health and healthcare around the world, in terms of increasing health inequalities, serious food and water shortages, inadequate health care provision and the marketing of dangerous and unnecessary drugs. With clear proposals for political and economic reform to effectively address these problems, Bioethics in Perspective provides an important counterbalance to much conventional commentary on bioethics. It takes readers with little or no prior knowledge of ethics, economics or medicine quickly and easily into advanced debates and discussions about the causes and consequences of health and illness around the world.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cambridge Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780521756563
- ISBN: 0521756561
- Publication Year: 2010