Blood And Orchids
Directed by Jerry Thorpe, Starring Jerry Thorpe, Jane Alexander, Susan Blakely, Merritt Butrick, David Clennon, George Coe, Richard Dysart, Clarence Felder, Sandy McPeak, Arthur Rosenberg, William Russ, James Saito, Matt Salinger, Madeleine Stowe, Sean Young, José Ferrer, Kris Kristofferson, Jim HutchinsonWritten by Jerry Thorpe, Jane Alexander, Susan Blakely, Merritt Butrick, David Clennon, George Coe, Richard Dysart, Clarence Felder, Sandy McPeak, Arthur Rosenberg, William Russ, James Saito, Matt Salinger, Madeleine Stowe, Sean Young, José Ferrer, Kris Kristofferson, Jim Hutchinson
Blood and Orchids was adapted from Norman Katkov from his own fact-based book. The scene is Hawaii, 1937. The wife (Madeline Stowe) of a naval officer (William Russ) is beaten nearly to death by her lover (Matt Salinger)--her husband's best friend. Four native Hawaiians find the woman and take her to the hospital, then flee out of fear of being blamed for the assault themselves. The aristocratic mother (Jane Alexander) of the beaten woman knows the truth, but, coldly insistent upon maintaining white supremacy on the islands, orders her daughter to claim that the Hawaiian boys had abused her. A trial follows, complicated by an honest police officer (Kris Kristofferson), who doesn't believe the victim's story. This two-part TV movie digresses from the source novel by hoking up a romance between the cop and the young wife (Sean Young) of the prosecuting attorney (Jose Ferrer). Blood and Orchids was originally telecast in February of 1986. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Warner Bros. Digital Dist
- UPC: 883316228241
- Region: Region [unknown]