Live At The Roosevelt Grill With Vic Dickenson, Vol. 4
In the late '60s, cornetist Bobby Hackett formed an artistically successful quintet with trombonist Vic Dickenson that could range from Dixieland to sophisticated swing standards and Broadway show tunes. On this album, Hackett and Dickenson are joined by a swinging rhythm section (pianist Dave McKenna, bassist Jack Lesberg, and drummer Cliff Leeman). Highlights include Hackett's feature on "You Stepped out of a Dream"; Dickenson's showcase on "I Got It Bad"; and the full band on "Love Is Just Around the Corner," "Sunday," and an effective rendition of "Saturday Night Is the Loneliest Night of the Week." ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Chiaroscuro
- UPC: 091454017928