This series celebrates the lives and works of great artists. The focus of this film is an artist who was acclaimed in his own time and continues to be admired. Hieronymous Bosch was born in the Netherlands in 1450 and rose to international celebrity for his visionary paintings. He was particularly fascinated with visions of hell and the many temptations and sins that lead people down the path to self-destruction. The most famous of his paintings may be The Garden of Earthy Delights. Filled with images of the Middle Ages, Bosch's works are difficult to decipher, but still hold power for the modern viewer, with their compelling images of the torments of hell. Through interviews with scholars and art historians, the film presents the enigmatic work of the artist about whom almost nothing is known. Rose of Sharon Winter, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Kultur Films Inc.
- UPC: 032031705593
- Region: Region 1