Boundary Value Problems With Global Projection Conditions
This book presents boundary value problems for arbitrary elliptic pseudo-differential operators on a smooth compact manifold with boundary. In this regard, every operator admits global projection boundary conditions, giving rise to analogues of Toeplitz operators in subspaces of Sobolev spaces on the boundary associated with pseudo-differential projections. The book describes how these operator classes form algebras, and establishes the concept for Boutet de Monvel's calculus, as well as for operators on manifolds with edges, including the case of operators without the transmission property. Further, it shows how the calculus contains parametrices of elliptic elements. Lastly, the book describes natural connections to ellipticity of Atiyah-Patodi-Singer type for Dirac and other geometric operators, in particular spectral boundary conditions with Calderon-Seeley projections and the characterization of Cauchy data spaces.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Birkhauser
- ISBN-13: 9783319701134
- ISBN: 3319701134
- Publication Year: 2018